9.28.2009

bruschetta

I know I’m, like, way behind the times in terms of popularity here but I can’t deny the fact that Julie & Julia was fantastic. So, so fantastic.


Since you’re here I assume you’re a food lover as much as me. I don’t know if it was just my pregnancy hormones or just simply the delicious appearance of the bruschetta that they ate in the movie, but I knew I just had to make it. Bruschetta is so easy, makes a pretty plate and always tastes good with fresh ingredients.

I don’t really have a “recipe” but here’s what I did, which will inevitably convince you of the simplicity of this divine meal, snack, appetizer, whatever you like.

step one: I sliced up four pieces of Rosemary Sourdough bread.
step two: Heated a couple of swirls of olive oil in a small skillet over medium high heat.
step three: “Browned” the bread until nicely toasted.
step four: Cut one clove of garlic in half and rubbed it on the bread just for a little flavor.
step five: Sliced small heirloom and cherry tomatoes (and de-seeded when needed – a rhyme!), fresh basil and seasoned with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
step six: Spooned tomato basil mixture on top of bread and promptly devoured.

It was yum.

No comments: